11 September 2011

The chosen one





Today I have focused on homework. Monday seems to be coming so fast. I have been taking photographs, reading, and working on a project proposal.


For the past two weeks I have been brain stroming. My assignment is to use text as art. Sounds easy, right? There are so many different things that I could do I am almost overwhelmed by the possibilities. So far the only thing I am certain about is that I will use a Polaroid as my canvas (but not necessarily present a photograph).


On Monday while walking in downtown I saw this knitted quilt thing hanging on the side of the building that read "You are the chosen one." I automatically thought of Harry Potter as I took a snap shot of it. After a minute I started relate the knitted quilt thing to my assignment. I came to the realization that I could simply use a saying to create something.


While I am still coming up with the details (which I need to present tomorrow) I will have another week to create whatever it is I make with a Polaroid.

No comments: